Health Walk Leader Training
The Volunteer Walk Leader training is a free one-day course for anyone who would like to volunteer to lead walks or be a backmarker for the Walking for Health scheme, provided locally by OneLife Suffolk.
Walking for Health is England’s most extensive network of health walk schemes and helps all kinds of people to lead a more active lifestyle. Our walks are led by friendly and specially trained volunteers who, along with fellow walkers, provide all the advice and encouragement a new walker needs to build fitness at a pace that’s right for them. In just a short time, a small amount of regular exercise can significantly improve a person’s health, well-being and confidence and from what our walkers tell us, there’s plenty of laughter to be heard on our walks.
Once you have completed the training day you will:
- Be invited to biannual meetings and receive update training
- Receive support from your health walk coordinator and fellow volunteers
- Have the option to lead/backmark a group or buddy up with new walkers
- Be part of England’s most extensive network of health walk schemes
- Help people to get active and live healthier lives
Health Walk Volunteer & Leader Free Training Session
- Newbourne Village Hall, Mill Road, Newbourne, Woodbridge, IP12 4NP
- Time: 9:45 am start, finish 4:00 p.m
- Tuesday 17th September 2019
- To book your place contact jane.dow@onelifeSuffolk.co.uk and 07826 516 199