To be eligible for the Get Help To Get Active service, you must:
Be doing less than 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a week (Excluding work or employment)
What is classified as moderate physical activity?
- Consistent activity that will raise your heart rate, and make you breathe faster and feel warmer
- Activity where you can still talk, but can’t sing the words to a song!
- Movement that requires lifting and/or balance, and the need to exert yourself
If you feel that you do not do the above daily – congratulations, you qualify for our programme!
Be living with a long-term health condition;
- Any physical or mental disability/impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities**
- This may include but is not exclusive to; cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, atrial fibrillation, depression, anxiety or low mood
You must be a Suffolk resident i.e. paying your council tax to Suffolk County Council
**The service is suitable for those who have just finished Cardiac Rehabilitation (Phase 3) or are taking part in a community Phase 4 Cardiac Rehabilitation class. Eligibility excludes strokes.
Please note that all participants are advised to check with their healthcare professional that it is safe for them to participate in physical activity.