Level 1 services are available for all children, young people and parents living in Suffolk. There is no access criteria for this service; our free webinars can be found here.
Our Level 2 service offers up to 12 months of support with an initial phase of 10 weeks delivered in 90-minute sessions, including healthy lifestyle and physical activity components.
- Children between 5 – 18 years who have a BMI > 91st centile on the growth chart
- The child, young person and family must live in Suffolk
Our clubs run throughout the year in spring, summer, autumn and winter. Families can self-refer (or be referred by a professional such as their GP or School Nurse) by completing an online referral form or calling 01473 718193.
LEVEL 3: Intensive support – you must be referred by your GP or health professional to access this programme.
- Children between 5 – 18 years who have a BMI > 91st centile with comorbidities and require physiological, psychological, social, educational or emotional support.
- Children between 5 – 18 years who have a BMI > 95th centile without comorbidities or complex needs.
- Geographical criteria also apply due to commissioning criteria.
The next programmes are due to start in January 2021 in the Ipswich and West Suffolk areas. Health professionals, please refer a child using the Sign up or Refer section.
Check your families BMI using the NHS calculator:
You can use the NHS calculator to check your child’s body mass index (BMI) and use the result to see which level of our children’s service your child is eligible for. Please see the table below for reference.