Penne with roasted vegetable and tomato sauce
- 300g/10½oz penne
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch onion powder
- pinch garlic granules
- ½ tsp chipotle sauce, or to taste
- 250g/9oz frozen roasted Mediterranean vegetables
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the penne and cook according to the packet instructions, normally 10–12 minutes.
Meanwhile, tip the tomatoes into a large saucepan. Add the oil, onion powder, garlic granules and chipotle sauce, stir well, then bring to the boil over a medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a stick blender. Return to the heat, stir in the roasted vegetables and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until bubbling.
Drain the penne, reserving a little of the water, then tip the pasta into the sauce and stir. Add a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water to the pan, then season well with black pepper.
Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative to serve.