Firstly, we want to start by thanking our clients and partners for your ongoing support throughout the past challenging year.
OneLife Suffolk ended 2020 with the positive news of a two-year extension of our contract with Suffolk County Council which means we can continue to deliver healthy lifestyle services across Suffolk until March 2023.
Our response to Covid-19
Our services are more important than ever to our local communities in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. They include Adult Weight Management, Stop Smoking, Families & Young People (weight management targeted to ages 5-18), Get Help To Get Active (targeted towards those with long-term conditions), Health Walks and NHS Health Checks.
At the onset of Covid-19, we adapted our face-to-face services to provide virtual delivery and have developed a suite of digital resources, including information sheets, podcasts and videos. During the pandemic, we have made over 100,000 wellbeing calls to those who are most in need of our services.
Continuing to create positive outcomes
OneLife Suffolk benefits from the research and insight provided by our parent company MoreLife and partner Leeds Beckett University which helps us ensure we get the best outcomes for our clients.
- 12,401 people started one of our Healthy Lifestyle Services
- 4,374 people joined an Adult Weight Management programme, losing a total of 16,624 kg’s
- 7,437 people have stopped smoking with our support
- 17,455 children received a Tier 1 intervention
- 2,559 Health Checks have been delivered in the local community
- 1,279 professionals including teachers, pharmacists and community nurses have been trained by us to make every contact count (MECC)
Working together to support those in need of our services
During these challenging times, it is more important than ever that we are able to continue to support those in Suffolk to live healthier, happier lives.