Fenugreek (methi) paratha recipe
- 2 cups wheat flour / Atta
- 1 cup methi leaves / fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh / sour curd/Yogurt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- water as required, to knead dough
- 5 tsp oil / ghee, for roasting
- Firstly, in large mixing bowl take wheat flour and chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves.
- Also add ¼ cup of curd. Curd helps to remove the bitterness of fenugreek (methi) leaves.
- Then add all mentioned spices and salt to taste.
- Furthermore, add 2 tsp of oil and combine well.
- Additionally, add some water and knead the dough.
- Cover with moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes.
- Now pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it.
Also dust with some wheat flour.
- Roll to 5 inches using rolling pin, grease with ghee or oil and bundle it up and flatten to ball.
- Further roll it in a thick circle like paratha.
- Now on a hot pan place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- When the base is partly cooked, flip the paratha.
- Also brush oil / ghee and press slightly till both the sides are golden brown.
- Finally, serve fenugreek (methi) paratha with raita and pickle.