Due to the high-temperature alert, some of our walks might be cancelled.
So far the walks that are cancelled are:
- 18th July, Haverhill Beginners Old Railway Walk
For advice on how to manage in the heat please see the following advice from the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/seasonal-health/heatwave-how-to-cope-in-hot-weather/
Who’s most at risk?
A heatwave can affect anyone, but the most vulnerable people are:
- older people – especially those over 75
- those who live on their own or in a care home
- people who have a serious or long term illness – including heart or lung conditions, diabetes, kidney disease, Parkinson’s disease or some mental health conditions
Tips for coping in hot weather
- Try to keep out of the sun between 11am to 3pm
- Avoid exercising (i.e. operating Ramblers Wellbeing Walks) in the hottest parts of the day