Here are some top tips to help you stay healthy in your 3rd trimester
You might feel less likely to do physical activity in the late stages of your pregnancy, but it does help! It can help you sleep better, prepare you for labour or help relieve stress.
…If you’re struggling to sleep
- Avoid caffinated drinks in the evening
- Try mediation or relaxation techniques before bed
- Stay active in the day (walking, swimming or yoga)
- When going to sleep, try using a pillow to support your bump and a pillow between your knees
Colostrum is the first lot of breast milk your body makes. It contains key nutrients your baby needs in the first few days of life after birth. You can collect and freeze this milk in the last couple of weeks of your pregnancy, this is called ‘colostrum harvesting.’ For more information about colostrum harvesting, get in touch with your midwife.
It’s never too late…
- To stop smoking – When you’re smoking the chemicals from the cigarette don’t just harm you, they harm the baby too! OneLife Suffolk can help you to give up smoking, click here
- Stop drinking alcohol – Your baby isn’t able to process alcohol like we can, so it’s best to avoid it as much as possible
Here at OneLife Suffolk, we offer FREE support for the residents of Suffolk while you’re pregnant, for more information, please click the button.