Here are some top tips to help you stay healthy in your 2nd trimester
A quick reminder
Make sure you’re still taking your vitamin D (10 microgram/ 400 IU per day) and Folic Acid supplements – these are still important to the baby’s growth and development. Also, try to keep organised and write down all your antenatal appointments. And remember that your midwife is always on hand for any questions or support you might have or need.
It’s very normal to start feeling anxious about giving birth and becoming a parent as you progress through your pregnancy. Here are some tips to help you through:
- Try to prepare your body, and find an exercise that works for you.
- Prepare yourself, stay away from horror stories, and try to think positive
- Practice relaxation techniques, breathing techniques can help to calm nerves.
It’s never too late…
- To stop smoking – When you’re smoking the chemicals from the cigarette don’t just harm you, they harm the baby too! OneLife Suffolk can help you to give up smoking, click here
- Stop drinking alcohol– Your baby isn’t able to process alcohol like we can, so it’s best to avoid it as much as possible
Here at OneLife Suffolk, we offer FREE support for the residents of Suffolk while you’re pregnant, for more information, please click the button.