There are some things you can do to help you fall pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy:
- Stop Smoking – If you smoke it may take longer to fall pregnant than a non-smoker. Most non-smoking couples will fall pregnant within a year. However, if you smoke the chance of getting pregnant is halved.
- Stop or cut down on alcohol – There’s no known safe level of alcohol during pregnancy, but drinking large amounts runs an increased risk of miscarriage and premature births.
- Folic Acid – Folic Acid helps with the baby’s growth and development. It needs time to build up in your body, so take 2-3 months before you conceive.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet
- Cut down on caffeine
- Try to be more active
- Make sure you’re up to date with your cervical screening
Here at OneLife Suffolk, we offer FREE support for the residents of Suffolk while you’re pregnant, for more information, please click the button.