You’re pregnant! Here are some hints and tips to help you stay healthy throughout your 1st trimester
Your baby is counting on you to provide them with all the nutrients that they need to help them develop and grow – so it’s important that you try to eat a healthy balanced diet for you and for them!
Vitamins & Supplements
- Folic Acid – Folic Acid can prevent birth defects. Ideally, you need 10 micogram (400 IU) every day
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D helps to keep bones and muscles healthy
- You’ll be offered additional appointments, so make sure you jot these down in your diary! They will be able to offer you more support throughout the pregnancy journey (monitoring growth) and labour
- Remember your midwife is always there for any additional support or questions you might have!
It’s never too late…
- To stop smoking – When you’re smoking the chemicals from the cigarette don’t just harm you, they harm the baby too! OneLife Suffolk can help you to give up smoking, click here
- Stop drinking alcohol – Your baby isn’t able to process alcohol like we can, so it’s best to avoid it as much as possible
Here at OneLife Suffolk, we offer FREE support for the residents of Suffolk while you’re pregnant, for more information, please click the button.